Some information on The King of Fighters XII from SNK Playmore’s Giga Power Vol. 47:
Here’s some of the points from the article:
- The gameplay will emphasise on basic attacking techniques based on the prediction of your opponents’ moves.
- It will not mean that one cannot win without performing long, powerful combos. More emphasis will be on reading your opponents’ moves and countering them.
- No more tagging of team mates or assists (yeah!). Gameplay will be back to 3-vs-3 format, as it was originally.
- Changes will be made to KOF XII’s jumping system.
- Some characters will be bestowed with new techniques.
- New artworks (100% hand-drawn) will give a 3D look while maintaining as a 2D fighting game.
- Athena looks different (i.e. prettier) from the last time I saw her. ^^|